Pages

Monday, July 31, 2017

Back to School - Bookmarks

Today is anything but a card,  since it is time for the kiddos to get ready for the new school year, I decided to make a few bookmarks.

My niece is wild about animals,  so I chose the "Tall Jungle Blocks" from Bugaboo Stamps for my images.


Using the slice feature in DS, I cut out a frame to cover the stamps frame for a little added dimension.  These images are perfect for bookmarks.  

I found two great tools for making my own tassels with embroidery thread, which I have a ton of.  The Clover Tassel Maker and the Clover Handy Thread Twister.  I purchased the smaller tool, because I just don't see a need for the larger one.  I used two shades of thread to make my tassel and kept the tassle loop large enough to loop through the bookmark.  I think I am finished buying twine, since I can make my own color combo's with the thread twister.  

I cut out "This book belongs to:" in vinyl and put it on back of the bookmark.  They measure about 2"x6".  

This is my last project as a guest designer on "Catch the Bug Challenge" blog with Bugaboo Stamps.  I really enjoyed the last two months, and was thrilled to be a part of a wonderful team, and work some fabulous stamps created by an amazing artist.

Thanks for following me these past two months.   Don't forget to get your Bugaboo Digital stamps at 50% off, today is the last day.

Till next time,

Happy Crafting!



1 comment:

  1. Such a cute bookmark...Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete