Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tuesday - New Release

This weeks new release is sassy "JJ - Candycane".  I used the sketch from My Favorite Things to come up with this design.




When I saw the sketch this week, I thought of a snow globe.  So  I decided to make a shaker card.   I thought JJ standing in front of the snow globe was perfect.  I really love how it came out.  I don't fussy cut any of my images, I use Sure Cuts A Lot to create cutting dies for all my digital stamps.  I keep the digital stamp with the die cut file, this way sizing is never an issue.  This image is imported into Design Space (DS), then I use Print Then Cut (PTC) to cut the stamp out.

I wanted something in my snow globe,  I found an old CTMH stamp set, it was one of the workshop kits, and stamped my trees and sentiment.  

I used fun foam to add the dimension.  Using my MFT circle dies, I was able to cut the circle from the card front and the foam at the same time, so I didn't have any placement issues.  

I then used a Spellbinders plain circle and the MFT inside/out stitched circle to make the frame around the globe.  The base I just cut a strip about 5/8" wide and used a corner crop on each corner.  I added a little faux stitching with a border die.

Challenges:

Don't forget that it's Christmas in July at Bugaboo Stamps, all images are 50% off this month.

Bugaboo Store
The week long Christmas in July Celebration is July 15-21, 2017.  There will be lots of inspiration and prizes.  

Thanks for stopping by and check the challenge blog  for all of this week's challenges, prizes and inspiration.  Come on back and see what I create with Jodie's wonderful images so you too, can "Catch the Bug".  

Happy Craftin!

No comments: